My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Third Day

as the
third day dawned
sorrow's silent dirge
persistent yet
unwelcomed
finally spurred me to
His resting place
longing for a comfort
that only He could impart
heartbroken
my tears vainly
sought to mend my
open wound created by
His Passion's agony
a loss daily endured
now made unbearable by
His disappearance
empty garments
enshrined the mystery
announced by
radiant messengers
which only
added to my confusion
till my Devotion's Identity-
at first unrecognized-
Caressed my name
revealing that familiar
Tenderness which forgave 
so much and now Anointed 
me with Healing Joy even
without any embrace for
Love's Mission to bring 
this Good News which
purposed my soul and 
wedded my spirit to 
His as now all things 
were made New...

Reflection/Discussion:

-Describe Mary Magdalene's experience.
-What does "wedded my spirit to His" mean?
-What does "Caressed my name" communicate?
-Do you think He "Caresses" your name?
-If yes, how have you experienced that?
-If you don't know or don't believe so, why?
-Do you experience the joy of the Resurrection? Why/not?
-How can you grow in joy?
-Why is all this 'Good News'?
-What is your Mission? 

2 comments: