My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Griever

the gift of life-
creation's marvel- is
Mine to give
intended or not by
those bestowed...
this daughter of Mine is
made in My Image
imprinted with My Likeness
sparked with My Eternal Flame
given a call to share My Love-
an Intimacy unmatched-
only hinted at by the
coming together of
man and woman in
breathless wonder 
she has
her mother’s eyes
her father’s smile
but also 
My Heart to serve
My Will to love
imprinted in her soul
precious in My eyes
intended for heroic mercy
destined to bring hope to the
lonely and defenseless
life was torn from her before
seeing the light of day or the
dawn of night
what was designed to be a
time of knitting together
was instead a
tearing apart
unborn by a choice-
not her own-
made by the one closest
yet furthest from her
innate desire to live
she was rejected with
unjustifiable cause
lured by songs of
freedom’s false face
though intended for harm
I make all things new
though left to die alone
she is nearer to Me than the
womb from which
she was wrenched 
though treated as refuse
she is My precious treasure
though rejection
leaves the temporal unfulfilled
she finds eternity waiting for her
in My arms singing
lullabies of Love
with tears of grieving
not only for her but
her mother as well for
each victim has died
one in body
one in spirit
having refused 
freedom's offering
ignored a
proven truth of life
yet
Love conquers for all who
hear and respond to
My Word of New Life
a new choice
by a Grace received
and a reality embraced
a turning away from darkness to
grasp the Light
an offer of salvation and a
forgiveness beyond hope
I hate the sin but
I love the sinner
so much so that I bore
her just punishment
by a sacrifice
without bounds
evil will find justice
unless a turning back is turned
by a heart choosing
unmerited Mercy over the
throne of self
but for now the result is the
cleansing of innocence
leaving only the promise of
healing and hope of
unending reunion
to those who
surrender in trust

Reflection/Discussion:
-How is God described in "The Griever"?
-What does the image of God "singing lullabies of love" convey?
-Why is the Mom a victim as well as the Daughter?
-What does "choosing unmerited mercy over the throne of self" mean?
-What does it mean that God hates the sin but loves the sinner?
-Why doesn't God just stop the evil of abortions?
-Whose responsibility is it to help stop abortions?
-What would you do if someone came to you for help?

No comments:

Post a Comment