My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Regret

three
she would have been
three today
her deathday is the
hardest to endure
my thoughts race
remembering
that day as if were
yesterday when
she no longer
grew within me
my feelings were
so  conflicted
especially 
after I saw her image
but I felt so alone
cornered with
no way out
the people at
Planned Parenthood
encouraged me
that it was for the best
it would be ok
I could get on
with my life now
only I found out
I couldn't
I couldn't stop
thinking about her
that she didn't
have a choice in
all of this
her right to life was crushed
darkness began
to overtake me
I lost interest
in everything
if it wasn't for
my family I
wouldn't be here now
it was that way
far too long
then I heard about
a retreat called
Rachel's Vineyard
it was different
I found acceptance there
courage to face
my past decision
I experienced forgiveness
from the Lord
myself and
my little girl
it was almost like 
she was praying for me to
turn back to the Lord
surrender my life to
follow Him
wherever He leads                                                                                 
and slowly
things began to change
I  resolved to
help others not to
make the same mistake
to bring His Love where
heartache reigns
I still regret it all
but when it gets
most difficult
like today
I join my sorrow
with His
for other Moms to
save their little ones
still
I have a hope
that the Lord will
bring us together again
but this time
with open arms

Reflection/Discussion:
-Describe the Mom's experience.
-How common is it for women to regret their abortion?
-How does "The Regret" relate to "The Daughter"?
-How can some women NOT regret their abortion?
-What steps can a post-abortion Mom take to find peace?
-What part does forgiveness play?
-What is the hope offered in this poem?  Real or not real? Why?
-What can you do to support Moms who are thinking of aborting their child? 

No comments:

Post a Comment