My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Son

He was always there for me
our bond like no other
His beginning
shrouded in Mystery
was such a blessing and
so Gracious a Gift that
I could only humbly accept
He was always a joy
with a heart and strength like his father
but even when understanding was
beyond my grasp I knew
He was more
Divine than He appeared and yet
always so playful but also
oh so serious
with an intent and purpose
always beyond His years
presenting me with more to
ponder than I could ever fathom
still He could never refuse my requests
a little game we always played
which carried on even when He left home
but then after the desert called Him
He began a journey filled with wonders and
words spoken with an Authority I
only had seen once before...still
I could sense a sorrow was coming
even if He had not said so Himself
though it was far beyond even
imagination's boundaries
I was not prepared for the
anguish that overwhelmed me
the sounds and smells
the brutality and degradations
but most of all the look
when our eyes met was
more than I could bear
the sword of sorrow
piercing my heart
had finally come
when He said
His last words to me
echoing our past to
continue my mother's role
I could only nod and look away
wondering how I could ever
get beyond my grief
a final cry of surrender
was all that was left
till I held Him one last time
while kissing His Face with tears
I tried to hope

Reflection/Discussion:
-How does "The Son" describe Mary and Jesus' relationship?
-What aspect of their relationship attracts you?
-Do you think "a little game we always played" describes reality? Why/not?
-How does this poem compare to "The Mother Mary"?
-What part does Mary play in your life?
-How can she help in your relationship with her Son?


No comments:

Post a Comment