My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Tribulation

from the beginning
the enemy has sought to
ensnare the Father's children by
deception's lure into the
darkness of rebellion's lair
attacking My Gift of  Family Life
idolizing selfish appitites
pursuing conquests of the
opposite sex without
limitations of conscience nor
thoughts of lifelong commitment
draping another with the
wounded mantle of
pride's many colors
tightly fitted with
self-professed adoration or
ensuring confusion's child of a
transitory gender that
crys for acceptance yet
does not accept their own
I Gifted at conception
Redemption's bounty for hearts
paid-for with My Precious Blood
provoked satan's fury
against Me and all who
serve My Kingdom to bring
Love to the loveless
Hope to the hopeless
Life to the dying
Salvation to the lost
My journey traveled the
Via Dolorosa to the Cross as
witness after witness of that
Heavenly Kingdom's Gift
conquered that same darkness
within and without
by mingling
blood with Blood
white and red
heart to Heart
each pierced
throughout time to
encourage the fearful
strengthen the weak
embolden the timid
ushering victories
through losing acceptance
sometimes even life itself
Eternity's battle of tribulation
ebbs and flows and now
it flows for you to
share the Burden
bear Light into darkness
Salt to insipid souls
though many fall away
submit not to coercion nor
threats of prohibition to
speak My Truth in Love
nor be deterred by
false accusations of
hatred and bigotry for
My Word brings Life to
those who hear and receive
but Death to those who
reject and rebel so
embrace your Calling and the
Strength of My Spirit for the
enemy does not rest and
many are succumbing to his
marketing treachery
in this you shall prevail if you
persevere in faith
trust in My faithfulness
love with My Love
forgive your enemies
knowing that
I shall never leave you
nor forsake you
go
it is time

Reflection/Discussion:
-What are some of today's "deception's lures"?
-Describe "Eternity's battle of tribulation". 
-Who are some of past/present "witnesses" who paid the price?
-What signs of persecution are here?
-How do we prepare for the tribulation?
-What areas in your life need shoring-up?
-How are you going to accomplish that?  
-How do you "embrace your calling" in your life?
-Get support, don't be a "lone ranger".

No comments:

Post a Comment