My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Friday, December 21, 2012

The Son


He was always there for me
our bond like no other
His beginning
shrouded in Mystery
was a blessing
beyond my imagination
a grace finding 
an unworthy home within
He was always a joy
so playful in pleasing me
yet so serious 
with a purpose
far beyond His years
we shared devotion
with memories
treasured to this day
He grew to manhood’s strength
with a wisdom unmatched
and a knowledge Divine
possessing the lively eyes
and character of His father
He graced our family
‘till called into the desert to
begin a mission leading to
a bitter end
signs and wonders followed Him
with words to be hallowed of
a Kingdom that had come
years passed too quickly
then
the sorrow that
I always foresaw
began to claim Him  for
His enemies were many 
despite His tender love
yet
nothing could prepare me for the
horror of His sentence 
so brutal and 
more than I could bear 
my painful watch 
hung on my brokenness
and lingered long after
the meeting of our eyes
as a sword
pierced my heart
binding us in
Passion's embrace
His final request for
my love to bear so many
was beyond 
my infirmity
yet
impossible to refuse
since
I could do no other 
than to honor His wishes
finally finished at last
at rest in my arms 
one last time
we spoke without words
after pain was spent though
I would endure the more
‘till we would meet again 
with wondrous Glory

Reflection/Discussion:
-Describe Mary's relationship with her Son.
-What did you like best about the description? Why?
-Does it make Jesus relationship with His Mother more real? Why/not? 
-How does this description compare with the poem "The Mother Mary"?
-Describe your relationship with Mary.
-Do you want to make her more a part of your life? Why/not?
-How can you grow in your relationship with Mary?

No comments:

Post a Comment