My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Friday, January 25, 2019

The Haters

it really offends me 
when you so callously
call into question my...              
-beliefs                             
-thinking                         
-behavior                                           
-choices 
-pronouns                                
especially my feelings about
what is TRUE for ME
because these are...
-part of me
-my experience
-describe who I am and
 make me feel more...ME-
the person I have finally 
discovered -and now accept-
so for you to stand there
and cross-examine me is
really disrespectful and frankly...
very hateful and deeply hurts me so....
STOP IT! ..NOW!...you need to...
-be on my side
-be more welcoming / accepting...
-accompany me on this...my most 
 intimate and sacred journey...
-support me to be who I am..
and - hopefully- CELEBRATE with me...
then...and ONLY then...you'll stop
being such a hater or more accurately...
a completely Neanderthal human being...
you really need to accept / support
my personal feelings about myself
so whether you think I'm being too 
subjective. or am simply 'confused' please..
keep your opinions to yourself...I don't 
want to hear them.. whether they come 
from what you say the Bible says...or... 
what you say the Church teaches...or
how we all have been supposedly
created in our God-given natures...
or even what "reason" and "science" says...
whatever...because...those are just YOUR
interpretations o so-called truths but
that's not the way I see them...so...
I don't want to hear any of that.. and-
if I can be candid- your Jesus 
seems to be the CHIEF 'Hater'-
you make Him out to be so...judgmental....
so.. 'narrow-minded'...I say that 
because MY Jesus is ..compassionate, 
affirming and accepts me as I am since 
I feel He made me this way so at the 
end of the day none of your views matter
because they're all tainted by your prejudice
and hate-filled mind-set... so...again...to be 
perfectly clear...only MY feelings matter 
because I base my life on how I feel about
my own identity and what YOU call morality-
which is not something "out there somewhere"
but only truly 'within' me and only I can 
determine what's really right for ME....so 
bottom line is...each person has to decide 
for themselves what is right or wrong...true 
or false...who they are or are not...all based 
on their own life experiences...values and 
feelings...so no one can tell me...
-who I am or am not
-what to do / think because....
they don't REALLY know  me or
what's going on inside of me...
it's all about MY life...
not YOUR life or anyone else's...so...
what I need from you is your...
-acceptance
-support and
 -love so... please...
be a supporter...
not a hater 
because haters
don't deserve a
platform to spew their
offensive filth and so...
you force me to say that...
if you persist in your
hate-filled rhetoric and
narrow-minded bigotry...
you'll force me to .
write you off and frankly...
hate you...but then...
that's what you'll deserve...

Reflection/Discussion:
-Is Truth Objective or Subjective? Why?
-What role does our feelings have in determining Truth?
-What is the Natural Law?
-Does it have a place in determining Morality? Why/not?
-If someone disagrees with you, does that make them a hater / bigot?  Why/not?
-Can love and disagreement go together? Why/not?
-What is the best way to form our Conscience? Why?
-How do you know if what you believe is true or not?
-Why do people feel offended when others disagree with them?
-How can we have healthy discussions when we disagree?
-Do we have the right to disagree with one another? Why/not?

No comments:

Post a Comment