My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Saturday, August 5, 2017

The Trials

trials are the
power washings of
your soul
that is why I
permit them
they push you beyond your
own strength
coping abilities and
endurance where you only see
discouragement... even despair
exposing your weakness of
talent, character
faith, hope or love in the midst of
circumstances you
cannot or will not control and
bring you to
humility's realization that you
need help
cannot do it all by yourself
you are complicated
not easily transformed into
Holy men and women
sometimes resisting what
you know in your hearts to
be best for you
frozen by fear or
stubornly seeking
your own way
sometimes pursuing even
deadly behaviors to
satisfy wayward desires or
avenues of worldly quests
that enthrone the self
building your own kingdom
not Mine
these harden your hearts to
My Love and lead you
away from Me
I have so much more for you
than you can ever realize
Realities of the Kingdom
that I freely offer but
many times are never accepted
and though you may not
understand the
why's and the how's of this
particular trial you now enduring
what I am presenting to you is a
powerful opportunity to
enter into My Passion which bore your
every sorrow
every pain
every struggle to believe
every sin
uniting your trials with Mine
permitting Me to
have My Way with you to
bring you into My tender treasures
that await you by purifying you to
become purely Mine
growing into My purposes for you to
trust as I Trusted
love as I Loved
serve as I Served
surrender as I Surrendered
depending not on your strength
but upon the Spirit given
by the Father...so...
stay close to Me
do the next right thing before you
walk by faith not by sight
let My Spirit transform you into
My Image and Likeness
forming you into a
Holy Disciple
Faithful Witness
Joyful Sign of the
Kingdom of Heaven
your Eternal Home after
all trials have passed away and
every tear wiped away

Reflection/Discussion:
-What struck you about this poem? Why?
-What is your experience of trials?
-What have you learned?
-Are you going through a trial now?
-If yes, be open to share it with others.
-How can you support others in their trials?
-Reach out to them in prayer and presence

No comments:

Post a Comment