My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Word of the Cross

the Way of the Cross is
the Way of Love
in the laying down of
your will and your
very self that brings
My very Life to you
it is in Loving others that
you Love Me and
are conformed into
My Image and most
become One with Me
there to find the Joy
you were
born to bathe in the
Blood of My Cross
for others
so do not run away
nor hide from My Cross
but rather
embrace it with the
Grace I freely offer you
I know your weakness and
need for My Strength
all are born into frailty
daunted by trauma's potential
even resisting the hardship of Love
that is why I freely offer
My Spirit of Power for
Courage and Persevering
Trust in the midst of Suffering
All  are yours for the asking
the Way of the Cross is
the Way to Eternal Joy
it is the Way back to
the Father
so Come with Me
bear My Cross with Me
let us Till your fertile ground
Sow
Water
Reap the Harvest of
My Saving Cross
Together

Reflection/Discussion:

-Where is the Cross in your life?
-What strikes you about this Word?
-How does loving others bring the Cross into your life?
-How do you feel about suffering in your walk with the Lord?
-How would you relate to others in their suffering?
-How would you encourage them?












No comments:

Post a Comment