My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Friday, September 4, 2015

Abandonment

letting go of
treasures long revered as
good and holy ideals
yet rarely
spoken about
though each
cut to the chase of my
need to control
according to
my own desires
my own will
for my present and future
my "who's who" of identity
too much of me
not enough of Thee
repentance bears the
message of peace
borne in sorrow
as forgiveness is received
when
Jesus is my Lord
He saves me from my idolotry
my life is in His hands
I know He Loves me and
has a plan for my life but
I can't see it right now
there is no clarity and
hasn't been for
oh so long...
when questions about my past
aren't answered
when I don't understand
I can only surrender
not once but
incessently in weakness
despite my questions
trust is the issue
a faith beyond my abilities
a grace without earning
though storms buffet the
seas of my life
all the more does
His Love refresh
my love to increase
while seeking Him alone
as my All-in-All
my only Life
my only Hope
my only Joy
received in
Thanksgiving
day by day in
abandonment to
His Love


No comments:

Post a Comment