My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Friday, August 2, 2013

The Lover

the unexpected Presence
bearing a startling revelation
pierced my heart
an arrow of light
entwined with conviction
so bright 
so provoking
so Other
I dared not peek
as I cried in anguish at the
Truth emitting back at me
through the veil of Holiness poured
mercy undeserved
my Savior's chalice bearing
unbearable debt strained
by compassion's filter
lifted my soul from
guilt's quagmire
leaving me weightless of
sin's burden and
certain that I was lifted in Love
borne by a forgiveness unearned
yet in weakness I fumed
angered that my
own idolatry was the
source of all my sin and
was the answer to my petitions
lo all those months
to know all of my sins
so as to repent and be free
the unveiling surpassed
my naive expectations
propelling me to ask
as mercy cascaded over me
why, why do you love me so
without reservation or judgement?
how is it that I am
so generously received when
I have been so
pitifully self-absorbed?
the answer came so clearly
'that is Who I Am 
a turning is all I desire'
a Grace-filled acceptance was
my response to the offer
so heavy the Presence
so taken the weight
so dark the burden
so Light the One
in patience thirsting for
hearts to come home
spurned too often by
His beloved yet
everything changes when
Love is encountered
then embraced and
a hard path commenced
through the narrow gate
seek and
you shall find
knock and
it will be opened
ask and
you shall receive
as the Holy One of Israel
Creator of Heaven and Earth
Eternal and Immutable
Savior and Lord
becomes
your Lover


No comments:

Post a Comment