My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Discernment

sweet abandon
beckons me
come home to
find a rest
long pursued
from a combat
rooted in fear of
giving up ideals
wrapped in
holy desires
nourished by
hurts long forgotten
clutched by a
death-grip of
self-willed
determinations
a quest viewed through
the lens of
my visions of
His calling
always beyond
my grasp and
comprehension
but then
without a warning
it was Love
that cut the tether
Grace that
unbound my heart by
Wounds of Freedom
endured by the Healer
made present in prayer
decisions from within
intercession from without
trustfully letting go
into my Lover's Hands
what was so precious
from ages past
melded into
my identity
a brand never
to be removed
what's next
I know not
nor does it matter
for the fit
shall be perfect
His Will
a path discerned
in silence
listening for
the Shepherd's Voice
softly spoken
midst the competition of
counterfeit calls and
my wounded perceptions
step by step
by signs of consolation
in circumstances 
surrounding darkness
without clearly
seeing the end
I yield- with my
brothers' support- to
the Adventure
evolving
through a process of
aggressive surrender

Reflection/Discussion:
-What areas of your life are you trying to discern God's Will?
-What does "aggressive surrender" mean to you?
-What part do our feelings play in discernment?
-Why is it hard to "let go" of certain things in your life?
-How can a Spiritual Director help discern God's will?
-If you can't find a Spiritual Director, what can you do?
-Find a support group to whom you can be accountable.

1 comment:

  1. Gene:

    I so much appreciate your work. I, too, am looking to walk into "aggressive surrender" by His grace. Keep doing what you're doing.

    Thanks, bro.

    Don

    ReplyDelete