My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Kiss

salvation's sentinel
gazes through
tears of blood from
sorrow's perch
as Love overcomes
death's sentence by
surrendering to
redemption's radical demands
the willingness of a Heart
pierced for sin's
just requirement to
attain separation's remedy
bridging an
infinite chasm by
making possible
humanity's transfer to
Divine Life's shore
yet the Gift
being freely offered is
only fulfilled when
freely accepted
one to One
eye to Eye
heart to Heart
history's execution
is overcome by
resurrection's renewal
made present today
by timeless Grace
when old is made new
brokenness mended
healing delivered
forgiveness fulfilled
when I and Thou
are consummated by the
kiss of the Cross

Reflection/Discussion:
-How is the Gift of Salvation freely offered and accepted?
-What are "redemption's radical demands" for you?
-What is the "kiss of the cross"??
-What can you do that you're not doing to grow in your relationship with the Lord?
-How can we support one another in our commitment to the Lord?

1 comment:

  1. Gene:

    Wow. Thank you for sending this to me. I didn't know that you were writing poetry. I so appreciate this. I love the section: "yet the gift being freely offered is only fulfilled when freely accepted one to One heart to Heart..." And the phrase, "is made present by Grace..." I'm interested that you landed on Grace rather than our efforts. And I love the notion of "when I and Thou are consummated by the kiss of the cross." Powerful. Keep writing.

    Don Hart

    ReplyDelete