My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Tempest

O blessed tempest that churns my soul
with battering gusts fomenting my
turmoil's desperation cry
your unrelenting tenacity carelessly 
tosses my heart's stability leaving me
grasping for my Tether who 
slumbers in Peace bequeathing me
with only the benefit of His remembrance
offering me seemingly tepid consolation
but no longer shelter from
anxious imaginations or
vain dreads that implode within the
perceived consequences of my plight
too wild and forthright in their skills
which compel me to surrender to
a Love which will ripen into the fruit of Security
from a Union always offering more
than my faculties can grasp but which
competes for my commitment
with imagined outcomes that
ignite confusion's possibilities in a
daily contest between fear and love
jousting for deliverance's prize
or panic's triumph
thus tempest's purpose has bestowed opon me a
Graced cup to fill my thirst with a
fragrance that touches my heart
driving me to seek in bended spirit the
adventure of  His outcomes not mine and a
courage procured only by faith not by sight in the
One whose Love and Purpose for me
has been proven without question despite
circumstances' testimony

Reflection/Discussion:
-Share an experience of your tempests.
-What have you learned?
-How do faith and feelings compete in you?
-How can you get support from others?
-How do you deal with tempests that are ongoing?
-How can you support others in enduring their tempests?

1 comment:

  1. a daily contest between fear and love
    jousting for deliverance's gain
    or panic's triumph.

    Yes, this is how life feels a lot--a battle teetering between a safe haven and despair.

    ReplyDelete