My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Father

distorted by
earthly fathers'
sinful weakness
the Truth of 
My Love for you
gets defiled in the
experiences of life
My Identity is blended-in
with your relationship
to your own father
whether for good or ill
sometimes leading to
My rejection
viewing Me with
mistrust
thinking of Me as
silent
disinterested
harsh
One who has
abandoned you
left you one your own to
figure everything out
this is beyond
a tragedy for My children
for the source of that distortion
is your enemy
one who is always a
liar
deceiver
accuser
meant to destroy you
with so base an untruth
My true Image is
My Son
in whose Face is
My Face
Who loves with
My love
Whose pierced heart is
My heart
Who is My spoken Word
to you meant to
perfectly communicate
My reality as your Abba 
in order to draw you
into a perfect sharing of
Our Love for one another
for when you look upon 
His countenance
experience
His tender Love
His healing touch
hear His Word
receive His Body
know that I am
with you as well for
We are One
so ask Me to
unveil the fallacy of
your deception
begin with awareness
an examination of your
relationship with Me
ask for
Light where there is
darkness
Truth where there is
falsehood
Healing where there is
wounding
for you are meant to
share in My Image
imprinted in your spirit
a revelation of
My Love for My children by
your transformation into
the Image of My Son
to share Our Holiness
being set apart for
Glory
all of this is
your destiny
your inheritance
your calling
the reason for
your creation
so taste and see
for all I have is
yours

Reflection/Discussion:
-What is the meaning of "The Father"?
-What does "My true Image is My Son" mean ?
-How would you describe your own father?
-Describe your relationship with him.
-How does this affect your image of God as Father?
-Speak the distortion. 
-Bring this into the light with someone you trust.
-Pray for healing, by yourself and with others. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Abba... Daddy... help me to rest in Your arms daily!

    ReplyDelete