My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Monday, September 6, 2010

The Seeker

you seek to love
and be loved
the security of
union's acceptance a
longing for ecstasy and
self's completion
however
it is far more than
finite love can deliver
imagination's limitless boundaries
pushing desire beyond its
confined expressions
but
the Reality is that
it is I
who seek you
it is for you
that I hunger
awake or asleep
working or at rest
anxious or at peace
alone or in a crowd
close or far away
friend or enemy
it is your heart I treasure
your being
for which I long
a union infinite
passionate
like Me
you question My meaning
can this be true?
am I really like I say I am?
you think
maybe for others
but
not for me
for you know your
weakness and poverty
especially in your
secret inner space
but
I do not utter
empty words
rather
they express
My tender intention
the truth of
who I Am
see
it was for you
I bore the burden
for you
that my hands
and feet were pierced
a witness of
My Love for you
as I looked
into your eyes
and said
I thirst

Reflection/Discussion:
-Is "finite love" ultimately not fulfilling?  Why/not?
-How is the love of Jesus different than our love for one another?
-How are they related?
-Do you think people tend to question God's Love for them? Why/not?
-How can we receive His Love for us?
-What does it mean here that Jesus says "I thirst"?
-How is He calling you to respond to Him?
-How can you communicate this reality to others?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful reflection... I love how at every chapel of the Missionaries of Charity, they have the words "I thirst" posted by the crucifix...

    ReplyDelete