My hope for you

Poetry speaks to our minds and hearts and is meant to communicate more than the sum of its words. It is an apt expression of our walk with the Lord. I encourage you to forward this link to those you love. I pray this poetry leads you into reflection and prayer but I also want to start a conversation. You, too, have something to share with others-not only in person, but also here. Your experience is yours to give away to build up and learn from others in the Body of Christ. Share the word that you hear, the experiences you have lived. We are all part of the New Evangelization.If you also want to contact me by email, feel free: genefirn@yahoo.com

Table of contents: October 7, 2012

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Tempest

O blessed tempest that churns my soul
with battering winds creating turmoil's attention.
your duty tosses my heart's emotions
without the benefit of satisfaction's end and
consequences within my sight.
too wild and forthright in your skills
you force my limits to seek an anchor-
a Love to hold me fast
for a union always offering more
than my abilities can grasp.
competing for my vision
by imagined outcomes that
ignite confusion's circle,
a daily contest between fear and love
jousting for deliverance's gain
or panic's triumph.
so, tempest's aim has given me a measured cup
to fill my thirst for a fragrance that touches my heart
driving me to seek on bended self
the adventure of His outcomes, not mine
and a courage procured only by faith
in the One whose Love and purpose for me
is proven without question-despite
circumstances' testimony.

1 comment:

  1. a daily contest between fear and love
    jousting for deliverance's gain
    or panic's triumph.

    Yes, this is how life feels a lot--a battle teetering between a safe haven and despair.

    ReplyDelete